Postdoctoral Fellow, Physics
Organization Name Physics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Opera Perform electron microscopy of materials including metal-alloys, semiconductors, and nanomaterials
- Write reports on the progress of projects
- Write manuscripts to publish papers in conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- Work with and/or establish new collaborations with other researchers
- Help writing project proposals
- Mentoring the MS
- PhD Degree in Physics, Chemistry, materials science & engineering
- Proven ability for writing peer-reviewed publications by presenting first author publications
- Proven record of experience on working with advanced techniques of scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and transmission electron microscopes (TEM)
- Full knowledge and experience of preparing TEM specimens with focused-ion-beam dual-beam SEM
- Knowledge of testing electrical devices at nanoscales using SEM
- Knowledge and experience of thin-film deposition and characterization
How To Apply
- CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).