Lecturer in Genetic Counselling
Lecturer in Genetic Counselling
Organization Name College of Health Sciences
College/Department Profile MS Genetic counselling program, Biomedical Science Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teach and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (B.Sc.) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physical therapy and rehabilitation as well as graduate programs in biomedical sciences (M.Sc. and Ph.D.), public health (MPH), and genetic counselling (M.Sc.).
The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research, and community service.
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million QAR/project (5 million QAR for exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants. Qatar University also offers a number of internal funding schemes that promote high impact and collaborative research projects (http://www.qu.edu.qa/research/offices/research-support/pre-award/fundingresources/Internal)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to principles and advanced genetic counselling, genetic Counselling Practicum, clinical practice in genetic counselling,
- Service as clinical coordinator for the genetic counselling master program (including joint appointment, with healthcare partners)
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, Department, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of the college through research publications
- Serve as student mentor for capstone project
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Master in Genetic Counselling
- Certified Genetic Counselor (CGC)
- Solid experience in clinical training and students supervisions
- Teaching experience at graduate levels
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.