The Department and role purpose
The Operations Administrator will provide proactive support in working with senior members of the Department, in particular the Head of Department, Senior Department Officer and members of the Senior Management Team. Working within a team under the line management of the Department Manager, the role holder will be expected to undertake administrative tasks and support processes that underpin the delivery of the Department's Strategy, particularly with respect to teaching, research and related operations, demonstrating a commitment to customer service excellence.
- Provide a responsive and proactive support service for stakeholders.
- Focus on checking stakeholder requirements to ensure the delivery of excellence with the frontline stakeholder experience.
- Respond to service users answering and recording standard queries and bookings for activities and/or events.
- Contribute to the planning of team activities, work and deadlines to ensure the smooth running and timeliness of service.
- Solve day-to-day routine problems and source background information within the role.
- Record data and information accurately and provide reports as required to team members and more experienced staff.
- Operate a booking and enquiry service and process requests finding solutions or escalating queries where necessary.
- Flexible in approach to accommodate the needs of team members and/or service users.
- Assist team members to organise, plan and prepare for events, meetings and activities.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers, contractors and professional specialists to pass on information.
- Apply professional and regulatory procedures and processes and use of systems.
- Liaise and collaborate with staff in other areas of the organisation to ensure a seamless, smooth and efficient service.
- Resolve queries and requests for information and advice and escalate more specialist and complex queries or issues to more experienced team members.
- Work with team members to ensure the smooth running of administrative processes to support people and business activities.
- Apply standard professional and recognised regulatory procedures to process, check and reconcile anomalies within data and information sets.
- Compile, record, store and archive data and information to ensure the accuracy and safety of information.
- Liaise with representatives from other service areas, professional organisations and agencies where necessary.
- Use standard office-based digital systems, tools and equipment to carry out data recording, communications and networking.
- Provide service and support for networks, committees and meetings, to draft and distribute documents and communications in standard professional formats.
- Process and update key business documentation.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers and specialists with the organisation, planning and delivery of services, activities and events.
- Make venue, catering, travel and/or equipment arrangements for events, meetings and activities.
- Any other reasonable duties.