Information Security Engineer
Job Profile IT - Infrastructure
Contract Type Permanent
The InfoSec Engineer will be an integral part of the Infrastructure Team, planning and carrying out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
The InfoSec Engineer will define, implement, uphold and maintain security standards. Safeguarding the infrastructure and resources, supporting day-to-day operations, along with current and future project initiatives.
Develop Information Security Plans and Policies
- Help plan and carry out information security strategy
- Develop a set of security standards and best practices, and recommend security enhancements to management as needed
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect organizations' sensitive information.
- Assist computer users with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
Test for Vulnerabilities
- Conduct periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability
- Conduct penetration testing, in which they simulate an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party
Monitor for Security Breaches
- Constantly monitor networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions
- Install software that helps notify of intrusions and watch out for irregular system behaviour.
Investigate Security Breaches
- If a breach has occurred, leads incident response activities to minimise the impact
- Lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
- Prepare reports of findings to be reported to management.
Department Technology - Infrastructure
Location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
- Implement, update, maintain, manage, monitor, and support enterprise network and systems infrastructure
- Mentoring and leadership experience
- Experience planning, researching, developing & communicating security policies, standards and procedures
- To communicate technical concepts and proposals into understandable and justifiable business initiatives
- To participate in the definition of specific technical design, product selection, device standardization
- Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations
- Able to build partner relationships with customers and focus on solving their problems.
- Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management
- Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these
- Must manage the field of responsibility within allocated budgets
- Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way
- Able to balance long and short-term objectives
- Able to network throughout the wider IT community.
- Azure, AWS, On prem
- Tenable, Nessus, Bluecoat, Checkpoint, Cisco, Meraki, Windows, Linux, NetAPP, f5
- CISSP Certification
- AWS Certified Security – Speciality
- Azure Security Engineer Associate
- ITIL Foundation
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description