Senior Associate Director, Reunions and Wharton Executive MBA Program, Wharton External Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior Associate Director, Reunions and WEMBA Program - Wharton External Affairs
Job Profile Title
Associate Director D
Job Description Summary
The Senior Associate Director for Reunion and WEMBA Programs reports to the Director of Alumni and Student Engagement. This position is responsible for the delivery of strong engagement programs in conjunction with key stakeholders across Wharton which strengthens the relationship between the School and the WEMBA (Wharton Executive MBA program) constituency.
The Senior Associate Director for Reunion and WEMBA Programs is responsible for the initiation and execution of reunion programs for East and West Coasts as well as student programs such as Power Dinners for students and alumni and Alumni Orientation. The Senior Associate Director will oversee a team of three associate directors working with Wharton alumni volunteers. Ability to work strategically with Wharton Fund Counterpart and embrace fundraising goals is essential.
- Collaborate with the WEMBA East and West Coast teams and gain a greater understanding of the culture of the WEMBA alumni constituency. Develop strategy for full time and WEMBA Reunion programming and offerings. Limited domestic travel is required. Collaboration with WEMBA alumni relations counterpart as well as the Vice Dean are critical to the success of this role.
- Manage a team of three associate directors and their efforts around volunteer management for 11 full time reunion classes.
- Partner with WEMBA Wharton Fund counterpart on engagement touchpoints including the annual Fall Reunions in Philadelphia and San Francisco, Alumni Orientation and Power Dinners. Embrace fundraising and engagement goals for team and partner with Development, Lifelong Learning, and Events teams to engage alumni.
- Identify, recruit and manage a core group of alumni volunteers for the reunion classes on the East and West Coasts. Demonstrated record for effectively working with volunteer groups. Conduct list review with WEMBA team and to identify key alumni for various class years.
- Execute WEMBA Alumni Orientations and Power Dinners for the East and West Coast students annually.
- Oversight for key decisions around budget for WEMBA reunions and programs.
- Maintain accurate and up to date contact information in Atlas, the University’s database.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree is required as well as 5-7 years of work experience. Proven ability to build and implement alumni relations/educational programs is essential to the success of this position. Volunteer management experience is critical as well as the ability to lead a team. Past experience overseeing staff is preferred. Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential, along with a philosophy of teamwork and hands-on implementation. Candidate must be comfortable with and embrace fundraising. Limited domestic travel and occasional night and weekend work. A valid driver’s license is required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.