Marketing Specialist 2
The Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) at Stanford University seeks a Marketing Specialist 2. This position should, under the guidance of senior management, participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Vendor management. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
OTL was established in 1970 to manage the intellectual property assets of Stanford University. OTL evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTL's mission is to encourage effective technology transfer for the public benefit as well as generating royalty income for Stanford to benefit research and education. OTL is one of the country's most active offices in the field of technology transfer from the university to industry. Our staff, most of whom are professionals engaged directly in licensing, manages over 3,000 active dockets. OTL will move from Palo Alto to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in July 2019. The new Stanford Redwood City campus brings together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford’s culture and mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Job Family: Marketing
Job Series: Marketing Specialist
Job Code: 4893
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Sciences and at least two years of relevant experience in academic Technology Transfer or combination of education and industry business development/marketing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I