Research Fellow in Biofuels
Research Fellow in Biofuels
Discipline: Engineering & Technology - Chemical Engineering/Life Sciences - Physical Sciences
Job Type: Academic Posts - Research Fellowships/Academic Posts - Postdocs
The candidate will work at the Centre for Advanced 2D Materials (CA2DM) at the National University of Singapore. CA2DM has been created for the conception, characterization, theoretical modelling, and development of transformative technologies based on two-dimensional crystals, such as graphene. Aimed at being a world leader in innovative and emergent materials science, with strong ties to the industry and academia, the Centre will directly contribute to a new generation of scientists and engineers who will have a permanent impact in the society and business enterprise landscape of Singapore, and worldwide. The candidate will have plenty of opportunities to interact with experienced individuals in fields ranging from electrical engineering, material science to physics, chemistry and biology, working with state of the art equipment and facilities.
The role is within research & development of industrial prototype for new separation media and devices using 2D materials. This includes data interpretation and methodologies development to provide new products and prototypes. The position requires a proactive individual who can work in a multidisciplinary team focused on industrial applications of graphene and 2D materials.
Candidates must hold a PhD Degree in Science and Engineering related areas with relevant practical experience in the biofuels industry, biofuels business or related areas. The candidate should have:
- Practical experience in the following areas: filtration systems, biofuels and ethanol production and purification or organic solvents separation from water
- Practical experience in biofuels industry or biofuels business
- Rigor, strong work discipline, motivation and innovation mindset, initiative taking, punctual and reliable with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Scientific insight with capacity to enable results and provide expertise during technical assistance
- Be proactive in seeking out information relevant to the work and discussing issues and problems
- Knowledge in membrane characterization techniques
- Experience in presenting scientific information at technical reviews with the ability to tailor the content accordingly
- Ability to shape and drive a research agenda to deliver technical and business benefits
The formal application should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
E-mail submissions must include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- The contact details of three potential references
Potential candidates will be contacted by phone and invited for an interview.
Apply for Research Fellow in Biofuels
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly