Director of Academic Planning and Assessment
2 days left
- Full Time
Lead and develop the planning and assessment processes of academic programs to support the vision and strategic objectives of HBKU, as well as support academic programs' institutional assessment and accreditation processes.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead new academic programs submission and approval process and operationalize HBKU's comprehensive institutional assessment processes.
- Collaborate with colleges in the assessment of their academic programs and processes for continuous improvement, and to meet the accreditation goals.
- Manage the process for institutional reviews, accreditation and institutional ranking.
- Establish benchmarking mechanisms with national and international academic institutions to
- Align academic strategic objectives with HBKU's vision.
- Deliver reports on market and industry needs to strategize the development of current and new academic programs.
- Produce assessment reports based on best academic standards to assist management with decision-making.
- Develop and establish goals, policies and procedures for the assessment processes to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency for the colleges.
- Collaborate and develop the budget for the academic support services.
- Support the University Academic Policies and Programs Committee for new program applications, development and assessment.
- Liaise with external reviewers for academic program proposals and any periodic program external reviews.
- Act as a focal point for communicating with external parties for program reviewing and institutional assessment.
- Ensure structures and systems for assessment data management, including comprehensive program reviews, market research and accreditation support.
- Monitor and provide timely reports on program evaluation practices, regulatory compliance developments, student diversity, accreditation requirements, program-specific standards and other best practices of performance benchmarks.
- Communicate with Teaching and Learning Division to obtain micro-assessment reports from colleges and programs.
- Promote awareness among colleges and faculty toward program and university-wide accreditation and ranking needs.
- Contribute to the quality enhancement of academic programs through profiling good practice.
- Recommend and participate in the development of university-wide policies and procedures; may serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard university and office environment. The incumbent must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Associate Provost - frequent contact to receive work instructions, work progress and feedback.
- College deans or designees - frequent contact to coordinate academic planning matters.
- VP Student Affairs - frequent contact to coordinate student workshops and information sessions.
- Registrar - frequent contact to discuss student statistics.
- Enrollment - contact as needed to discuss enrollment patterns and selectivity data.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Proactively identifies problems that are inhibiting meeting organizational objectives.
- Encourages both individuals and teams to solve problems through empowerment, delegation and review mechanisms.
- Ensures the allocation of resources and invests in people and tools to optimize problem solving and decision making efforts.
- Removes obstacles and facilitates information flow to support effective problem solving across the organization.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Applies judgment to decide when to make swift decisions even in the absence of all necessary information.
- Arrives at sound and timely decisions, based on experience and an understanding of the current business environment.
- Considers the impact of decisions on various stakeholders and takes this into account.
- Delegates decision making as appropriate to encourage and facilitate empowerment.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Preferred a PhD or at least a Masters Degree in the relevant field
- Eight years of relevant academic full-time experience; preferably in similar higher education institutes.
- Previous experience in developing Academic Programs and accreditation reports.
- Excellent ability to coordinate and work with colleges and other units under academic affairs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to comply with firm deadlines; ability to lead and keep others on task.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Interviews will be held with the shortlisted.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.