Student Communications Officer
Application closing date: 24/02/2020
Salary: Salary: £26,715 - £31,865 (Grade 4)
Package: Plus excellent benefits
We are looking for a full-time Student Communications Officer to join the Marketing and External Relations team at Edinburgh Napier University on a fixed term contract for 12 months. The team acts as a strategic service that is integral to the delivery of the University's Strategy by providing innovative and expert marketing and communications advice and services.
Edinburgh Napier University is a forward thinking institution, home to forward-thinking people, inspired by the world around them. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, with a clear strategy and growth agenda. Join us and you will find that we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer fantastic benefits such as an attractive pension of 20.4% and a minimum of 36 days' holiday.
The Student Communications Officer sits within the Student Communications team and is responsible for:
digital content creation and management, and for developing and maintaining an online presence which actively promotes University events and activities on our website, intranet, social media, and partner websites, tracking key site metrics and using data to measure engagement and increase this activity.
promoting engagement by creating targeted and up-to-date content, including writing sharp, accurate copy, commissioning engaging imagery, motion graphics and videos, online and in print.
You will play a key role in communicating with our students - planning and delivering creative and engaging marketing, communications and social media campaigns which drive student satisfaction, awareness, and engagement.
You will be responsible for creating targeted and up-to-date content, including copy, imagery, video and information on online/offline platforms to support team priorities and meet both user requirements and brand/style guidelines. You will support the development of new website areas, pages and functionality by working closely with stakeholders and assisting with implementation. You will also manage and monitor a variety of digital platforms, including websites and social media channels.
You will monitor, evaluate and report on campaigns and activities, using this information to make recommendations to drive future success.
You'll also play a key role in updating and improving our web pages using our Content Management System to ensure that online information is clear, accurate and engaging.
Who We Are Looking For
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Experience of working within a communications or marketing environment delivering on agreed objectives and operational priorities.
- Proven ability to write compelling copy and create engaging content which conveys key messages.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working on effective, creative and inspiring online and offline campaigns, from brief to execution and evaluation.
- A strong understanding of social media channels and experience of creating and scheduling content for different platforms and audiences.
- Experience of tracking website performance and reporting on outcomes, evaluating and reporting on communications activities, and using these to inform future decision-making.
- Analytical skills to source and interpret data and market intelligence and turn this into recommendations for successful campaign activities.
- Experience of managing a range of competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Experience of using CMS platforms to update and improve webpages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills to engage key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work both within a team and on own initiative.
For more information, click here for the full role description.
How will we reward you
You can expect a minimum of 36 days' annual leave (includes bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Salary: GBP 26,715 - GBP 31,865 (Grade 4)
- Closing date: 24 February 2020 (midnight GMT)
- Interviews are expected to be held: w/c 2 March 2020
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.