Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering and Design
Application closing date: 08/03/2020
Salary: Salary: £64,603 - £73,630 (Grade 8)
Package: In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package
Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering and Design, Full Time, Permanent
Join Edinburgh Napier University School of Engineering and the Built Environment
The School of Engineering and the Built Environment is delighted to be able to offer a new post for a Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering and Design (MED). We are seeking to appoint an outstanding applicant to help lead and shape the future of our School. The role as Head of Subject is for three years in the first instance and renewable by mutual agreement. The substantive post is Professor.
The School of Engineering & the Built Environment (SEBE) offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that are widely recognised for their academic quality, innovation and close ties to the industries in which our graduates work. Mechanical Engineering is one of the School's largest undergraduate programmes and we are looking to diversify our teaching into Design and Manufacturing. MED has a strong background in energy, materials, automation and robotics, particularly how they can used to meet the goals of Industry 4.0, sustainability and the next generation of electric vehicles. All of our programmes are accredited by the relevant professional body, including the IET, IoM3 and Energy Institute.
We are currently undertaking a review of all of our activities, so now is a great time to join and help shape the future of our School.
As a Professor and Head of Subject, you will be an academic leader overseeing the delivering of high quality, student-centred teaching, underpinned by academic scholarship within the general areas of Mechanical Engineering, Energy, Materials and Design. You will also be an established researcher with an international profile and a strong track record in attracting research funding.
The School is currently updating its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, so there is an opportunity to lead the introduction of new programmes to the portfolio.
Informal enquiries about the position can be made to Professor Simeon Keates, Dean of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 455 2614.
Who we are looking for
If you are a professional, inclusive, innovative and ambitious individual with a proven track record in research and/or pedagogical excellence, who wants to bring leadership and direction to our community, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- Qualification in relevant discipline to PhD level
- Evidence of a professional academic and research profile alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in either Civil/Transport/Environmental Engineering to develop high quality teaching/learning and research programmes
- Demonstrable evidence of commitment to high quality teaching
- Ability to demonstrate a level of achievement appropriate to the post being applied for, including international and national standing, research track record of high quality outputs, external income generation and academic leadership
- HEA, ICE, IStructE, CIHT, CIWEM membership
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a minimum of 46 days annual leave (including bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts
Salary: GBP 64,603 - GBP 73,630 (Grade 8)
Application Closing Date: 10th February
Interviews will be held on: 2nd April
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and hold Disability Confident, Career Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Heads of Department jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Edinburgh