Graphic Design Specialist, Government Communications Department
5 days left
- Full Time
Government Communications Department seeks a Graphic Designer to establish and maintain a graphic design service for providing graphic design concepts, artwork and technical oversight for the production of publications, multimedia and other materials that give information about, and create visibility for Zayed University.
Graphic Design Support
Perform a range of graphic design functions including designing, info-graphics, layout work, digital artwork, printing and scanning. •Design and oversee the print preparation and process for the annual catalogue, college brochures, view book, students’ handbook, and other related documents. •Provide finishing art and formatting for a wide variety of Zayed University publications and large scale prints. •Produce multimedia projects with a high level of creativity. •Maintain an adequate supply of photo images for use in University publications, either by coordinating photo shoots, or by sourcing and acquiring appropriate commercial image galleries. •Produce final artwork and coordinate closely with the printing press for special print projects including the ZU Calendar, greeting cards, newsletters, invitations, certificates, etc. •Design and produce appropriate illustrations, figures and diagrams for the ZU community and academics. •Contribute to digital media projects and the university web site by designing flash banners and digital art themes.
Marketing & Promotion Support
- Ensure Zayed University maintains a strong corporate identity through the production of promotional materials and advertisements that accurately reflect the activities of the university both in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Design and create artwork for university publications along with other promotional and marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters, fliers and posters.
- Produce designs and themes for a number of university events including Graduations, Academic Symposiums, IT Conferences, Leadership Conferences and Convocation.
- Manage and oversee the storage and distribution of ZU publications throughout the ZU community and stakeholders.
- Design and produce artwork for exhibition stands and follow-up with vendors ensuring successful setup and installation at several exhibitions the university takes part in. (IDEX, GETEX, Careers UAE…etc.)
- Design and update e-communication templates for specific targeted campaigns for their effective implementation.
- Maintain and develop brand guidelines to ensure they are up-to-date and include all relevant templates.
Internal and External Relationship Handling
- Liaise with print/pre-press suppliers including the establishment of printing specifications, special paper and media, gaining competitive quotes and timely delivery.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to generate project cost estimates.
- Collaborate with business units and colleges with marketing requirements and effective interpretation of design briefs.
- Seek sign off from relevant departments, advertisers and other stakeholders when required.
- Provide graphic design support to the Publications Director and Manager helping to create and maintain a high quality, unified visual identity that permeates Zayed University’s visual image.
- Provides input for the development of guidelines, procedures and systems for the process of graphic design and digital art.
- Maintain internal workflow and archiving to ensure high standard outcomes are consistently achieved and delivered on time.
- Should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a 4 years’ experience working in graphic design or the graphic arts, preferably with experience working directly within a creative agency or a digital design house or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly computer literate, with strong knowledge of Macintosh operating systems
- Excellent command of English is necessary. Proficiency in Arabic is desirable but not essential.
- Expertise in appropriate graphic design computer software including Adobe design Suite CS5+ (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign...etc.)
- Fluent in major multimedia software packages including Adobe Flash and/or After Effects.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, and annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.