Recruitment and Emiratization Manager
Leads the Recruitment and Emiratization unit activities and staff to ensure highly efficient, service oriented delivery in the area of R&S. Key areas include: international and local recruitment of faculty and staff, advisory and orientation programming for new faculty.
Recruitment programs provide qualified faculty and staff to support the university’s mission. Provisions of business partner/advisory services to managers and leaders on issues pertaining to human resource management.
- Provides direction to the extensive international and local recruitment programs and staff in ensuring that the university recruitment processes are successful in engaging quality faculty and staff.
- Acts as a resource to the departments on recruitment planning and resourcing
- Ensures on-going improvement and implementation of best practice recruitment strategies appropriate for ZU’s environment and situation including cost effectiveness, selection process, timeliness and candidate focus.
- Manages the smooth intake of employees from acceptance to arrival on campus.
- Ensures that the online application system is operating effectively.
- Partner with the Dean/Directors to influence and implement the recruitment of UAE Nationals. Orientation:
- Maintain the successful orientation programs for new faculty and continue to make ongoing improvements.
- Provide leadership to the HR staff involved in this annual program for faculty and staff.
- Continue to monitor the program through feedback from the new employees.
- Design, develop and implement a recruitment strategy and plan in line with the mission and vision of the HC Department and ZU.
- Align Recruitment activities with ZU approved positions. Liaises with the Finance Department, CAFO and Faculty Affairs Office in case complement and associated budgetary matters need to be reviewed and updated.
- Oversee the coordination of appointment action items for approval.
- Monitor the cost effectiveness of all recruitment activities.
- Ensure R&O management reports are designed and implemented on a regular basis to meet operational needs and decision making.
- Ensure R&S processes, systems and practices continually improve in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and timeliness and serve the evolving needs of the University.
- Ensure that Oracle, iRecruit is being developed and enhanced to fit all goals of the Recruitment function. Emiratization:
- Ensure that all vacancies are filled by qualified UAE Nationals, unless an approval has been obtained for hiring a non-national.
- Develop and implement a strategy and a plan to support the Emiratization mandate set by the PMO and approved by ZU management.
- Ensure that a ready pool of qualified UAE Nationals is available for all Grade 5 & 6 positions.
- Should possess 10 years of HR experience and a Master’s degree in a human resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive recruitment experience is essential.
- Evidence of successful management and supervisory experience leading HR teams and/or initiatives.
Other essential requirements:
- Fluency in Arabic & English.
- Ability to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.