Senior Media Relations Specialist, Journalist
The Government Communications Department seeks an incumbent as senior specialist in the area of media services, proactively increases and ensures positive and continuous visibility of the University in the Arabic and English news media in the United Arab Emirates and in the Gulf Region, with a major emphasis on Abu Dhabi.
- Develops relations with Arabic and English media in Abu Dhabi on behalf of the University, including the following:
- Designs and prepares extensive daily coverage of University news and events for distribution to Arabic and English media
- Conducts research for newsworthy material in the University community for the respective campuses.
- Sets, decides and maintains the most conducive media strategy for the communication.
- Organizes and oversees press interviews and press conference with members of the University community with particular attention to providing professional assistance to University leadership
- Selects news which may be appropriate to translate for publication in the media.
- Oversees the preparation of the advertising and publications copy in Arabic and English, as needed.
- Researches, recommends and implements the best practices in media relations.
- Oversees the arrangements for media at university events. This includes inviting and welcoming English and Arabic media, directing them, providing press releases,and providing hospitality as necessary.
- Draws the attention of the Vice President and Provost to any negative press or news of interest.
- Provides recommendations to the University leadership with devising strategies to counter adverse media relations.
- Works collaboratively with Development staff to promote the work of the Zayed University Foundation with philanthropy and provides positive and timely media coverage for donors and funding initiatives
- Should possess aminimumof7years’experience writing or editing for Arabic and English in a related field and a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communication or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Superb Arabic and English writing skills,with emphasis on journalistic writing
- Ability to manage deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong U.A.E. media contacts
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.