Career and Internship Services Officer
5 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Career Services
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the UnitedArab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrateresearch and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers inscience, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards AbuDhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has threecampuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus andthe Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renownedMasdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively
The Career and Internship Services Officer is responsible for providing information and assistance to students who are interested in career advising and development with areas related to seeking employability and internship opportunities , by enriching their self-marketing tools and providing access to the information and resources they need to make the right career choices and paths.
- Provide students with guidance and information regarding career research, options and decision making, goal setting, job searching, and the graduate school application process through consultations
- Update and maintain the Career and Internship Services web site.
- Promote the University programs and students among potential employers and coordinate with employers for the purpose of short-term internship as well as graduate employment.
- Establish relationship with other educational institutions to exchange experience and support if necessary
- Develop fliers, pamphlets and other written materials on interview and job search techniques.
- Consult with employer representatives to schedule on campus recruiting activities in addition to university’s own career Fair
- Support students in establishing career plans and objectives consistent with their educational qualifications.
- Maintain an up-to-date database to store all critical information such as industry contacts, past recruitment profiles, remuneration levels, student and graduate information relating to internship and placement data.
- Establish and maintain timely employment referral activities; organize and maintain up-to-date career resource library and files on potential employers.
- Compile and maintain a calendar of annual recruiting activities such as career fairs.
- Initiate new ideas to improve career services delivered to students
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 0-1 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. A complete application includes curriculum vitae.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Career and Internship Services Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly