Assistant Professor or Lecturer in Pure/Applied Mathematics
The Department of Math and Science provides CCQ students with knowledge of mathematical skills and scientific critical thinking. The Department offers different courses in Math, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Some of these courses are credit-level courses, others are noncredit-level courses.
The role of the Pure/Applied Mathematics instructor encompasses teaching undergraduate Mathematics courses, as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline;
- Develop syllabi for relevant courses;
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials;
- Develop, and use a variety of teaching materials that assist students in meeting course objectives;
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives;
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines;
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs;
- Hold regular office hours; Participate in department and college-wide professional development activities and committees.
Education Allowance : QR 45,000 per child per academic Year for 3 children up to from grade 1 until 18 years old Ticket : first arrival ( overseas staff) , final departure ( overseas & Local ) and during Summer for the faculty member , spouse and 3 children up to 18 years old Shipment Allowance: First arrival ( overseas staff) and Final Departure Annual basic salary Increment :depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation Private Medical insurance : upon higher management's approval
The applicant is expected to be able to communicate effectively in both Arabic and English languages, and use SMART classroom technology and Blackboard teaching techniques. S/he is required to maintain professional, ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
Education PhD or Masters degree in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field of study