Lecturer in Business Information Systems
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking 01 highly qualified full-time lecturer in Business Information Systems. Candidates meeting our requirements will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses and graduate courses in the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Economics and Management. The teaching commitment consists of 08 academic hours per week, totalling 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes).
Teaching generally consists of courses including:
- Business Informatics (At the levels of textbooks such as: Management Information Systems – Managing the Digital Firm by Laudon and Laudon)
- Information Technology (At the levels of textbooks such as: IT Manager's Handbook: Getting your New Job Done by Bill Holtsnider)
- Business Intelligence (At the levels of textbooks such as: Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data Science: A Managerial Perspective by Ramesh Sharda and Dursun Delen)
- Business Process Management (At the levels of textbooks such as: Fundamentals of Business Process Management by Marlon Dumas and Marcello La Rosa)
- and other elective courses within the expertise of the candidates, to be decided in consultation with the Faculty.
This position is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s, master’s theses and leading PhD students to doctoral degrees.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to undertake innovative research in relevant aspects of Business Information Systems. This includes, and is not limited to, comprehensive activities in theoretical research as well as applied research and development.
The successful candidate is also expected to contribute to the development of VGU study programs in coordination with relevant Program Coordinators and with German partner universities.
The teaching and working language at VGU is English.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Business Economics or Informatics or a closely related field from a well-known international university. A current title of Professor is a plus. Experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology is appreciated.
Mandatory requirements include:
- Proven research and teaching record
- Publications (or the potential to publish) in high quality peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent English proficiency
The followings are desirable:
- An outstanding doctorate dissertation
- Strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Well established research agenda
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience in supervising PhD students
The successful candidate will become part of a professional and interdisciplinary group of faculty. VGU supports its lecturers with attractive start-up endowments for quality research projects. VGU also supports participation in national and international conferences and the publishing of research papers.
VGU lecturers enjoy a rich cultural experience and a dynamic teaching environment through interactions with inquisitive and quality students.
VGU offers competitive salary, local medical insurance, and annual leave days with pay.
To apply please send your application (with the following documents in a PDF or MS Word DOC format, max. size: 5 MB) to email@example.com with subject line “Business Information Systems_Your Name”
Your application should include:
- Form for basic information (Please download, complete this form electronically and submit it together with your application)
- A cover letter stating your interest in joining VGU
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications)
- Scans of university degrees, university transcripts and other relevant certificates
- Scans of language certificates (if applicable)
- References illustrating your professional and academic career, including contact details of references (if available, highly appreciated)
- Evaluation results for teaching (if available)
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by VGU's international Application Review Team.
For further information, please contact
- Dr. Lars Pilz (BA Academic Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- Dr. VU thi Hong Nhung (Senior Lecturer in Finance) at email@example.com, or
Mr. Brian O’Reilly (MBA Academic Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org