Adjunct Faculty, Department of Science, Math, and Technology
3 days left
- Part Time
The University College comprises four departments that contribute fundamentally to the University’s General Education Program. Concentrating on the first two semesters of a student’s baccalaureate education, the College attends to the intellectual development of students through advising, conducting General Education courses, and by offering additional support outside the classroom.
The four University College academic departments responsible for delivering 27 of the 39-unit Core General Education Program include: the Department of Advising and Academic Development; the Department of English and Writing Studies; the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies; and, the Department of Science, Math, and Technology.
The goal of Zayed University’s General Education Program is to build students' understanding of their relationship to the world and to equip them with skills to be successful at the University, in their professions, and in their personal lives. Students achieve the six Zayed University Learning Outcomes through the General Education Program: Critical Thinking and Quantitative Reasoning, Global Awareness, Information Literacy, English and Arabic Language proficiency, Leadership, and Technological Literacy.
University College is seeking enthusiastic and experienced part-time candidates who will be able to teach foundational courses in either introductory science or introductory information technology.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Public Health/Nutrition, or Biology to teach basic science, or a minimum of a Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering to teach introductory information technology.
- Ability to teach introductory courses in either science or information technology with laboratory activities in an engaged manner.
- Prior College/University teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to utilizing technology in the classroom and working with faculty teams in multi-section courses.
- Fluency in English is compulsory; the language of business and instruction at Zayed University is English.
- Familiarity and prior experience with the US model of general education is desirable.
Applicants must have a valid UAE residence visa, and will be required to provide a No Objection Letter from their sponsor.
Candidates need to complete the online application form and submit:
- A cover letter
- A current CV
- Attested degree and transcripts. All terminal degrees will need to be equalized by the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- Names and contact details of three professional references
- Statement of your teaching philosophy
- Statement of research interests
- Teaching evaluations
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Computer Science Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Computer Science Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Computer Science Tutors jobs in United Arab Emirates