Exhibition Coordinator, College of Arts and Creative Enterprises
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of Exhibition Coordinator to be responsible for the imaginative programming and effective running of the Gallery spaces in Dubai and other CACE exhibition areas such as Alserkal. In partnership with faculty on the CACE Exhibitions and External Affairs Committee, and the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies and Research, the Exhibitions Coordinator will develop and establish annual exhibition schedules, lecture series, as well as promoting these activities and marketing and overseeing any sales from exhibitions. The Exhibitions Coordinator is the advocate and spokesperson of the College’s exhibitions and galleries within Dubai and is responsible for its connection to the community and building its reputation.
Gallery and Exhibition Spacers - Operations Support, Maintenance and Supervision:
- Responsible for the operations and financial oversight of the gallery, balancing the expense of staging and advertising exhibitions to mailing costs and the revenues from sales, grants and sourcing donations.
- Oversees press releases and other written material for printed collateral and promotion as required.
- Designs exhibition brochures, gallery signage and didactics, and assist in the compilation of visual documentation of the exhibition for catalogue purposes.
- Maintains effective records of loans and sales and maintain an up-to-date database of all incoming and outgoing objects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the gallery by maintaining security and staff records, monitoring gallery environment conditions, interacting with visitors, answering telephones, dealing with correspondence.
- liaison with the various departments for communication of special events
- Prepares any required documents or information to process for the dissemination of any event or exhibition – both on and off campus
- Presents written reports to the college, arranges meetings and introduces new initiatives.
- Works with faculty to carry out teaching goals and special departmental projects and maintains presentation and gallery spaces within the college
- Oversees the daily operations of the gallery and exhibition spaces of CACE in Dubai
- Works with other college staff for exhibition installation – both on and off campus
- Orders and takes inventory of materials for the gallery in coordination with the Studio Technician
- Provides guidance to staff and students as required.
- Supports with other College related duties as required.
- Primary liaison and assistant to realize the annual Senior Project Exhibition
First Aid and Workplace Health and Safety:
- Understands the work environment during installation of exhibitions and follow health and safety regulations of the space.
- In coordination with CACE technicians, will ensure use of sustainable products during exhibition installations and storage of artworks.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Institution in (Museum Studies, Arts Management, or Art History) with a minimum of 4 years of experience. An MA or MFA in Art is preferred.
- Experience in gallery administration, education, event management and/or exhibition coordination and curating will be favored.
- Candidates must be available to work in the evenings and/or weekends, as well as to travel between campuses and attend events off campus and in other Emirates.
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential. Knowledge of exhibition preparation is expected. Proficiency in other digital software is a plus.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.