Executive Assistant & Project Officer
- Are you the person who drives innovations in the provision of e-Learning online learning sites and student learning experiences by providing practical solutions and delivering tools and resources? Look no further as an exciting opportunity exists in the Education Unit
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Fixed Term appointment for 2 years, all full-time and base salary $93K p.a with leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an enthusiastic Education Designer to join the Education Unit based at the Camperdown Campus predominantly with travel required between campuses.
Under the broad guidance of Manager, Education Design, some of your responsibilities will be:
- providing deep technical knowledge, learning design and operational support to Academic, Research and Teaching staff across the Faculty to support the teaching and research requirements of the Faculty
- collaborate closely with academic and teaching staff, inter-faculty teams and university wide stakeholders, to develop innovative online educational resources
- creating, developing, testing and implementation of educational resources for use by staff and students online and in classrooms that are aligned to the needs of the work area
- drive innovations in the provision of e-Learning online learning sites and student learning experiences by providing practical solutions and delivering tools and resources
- work in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff to develop innovative online multimedia resources
- play a leading role in adopting innovations in e-Learning online learning, identifying and implementing new technologies, and developing education designs to improve learning outcomes that enhance the student learning experience
- responsible for providing expert advice, training and support to staff to make the best use of educational technology to deliver engaging and effective courses.
You will be work in close collaboration with ICT and Education Innovation teams to provide expert advice, training and support to staff to make the best use of educational technology to deliver engaging and effective courses.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Education Designer who possesses the below experience:
- client focused with the ability to build partnerships between the faculty education design team and the schools and precincts.
- experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment.
- experience working in a tertiary environment with working
- knowledge of using Learning Management Systems such as Canvas, together with sound understanding of timetabling/rostering of student activities.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1963/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 2 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.