Education Design Support Officer
- Exciting opportunity exists to support the teaching and research requirements of the Faculty
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Continuing, full-time and remuneration package $88K p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Education Design Support Officer to join the Education Unit based predominantly at the Camperdown Campus with travel required between locations.
Under the broad guidance of Manager, Education Design, some of your responsibilities will be:
- providing technical knowledge, learning design and operational support to Academic, Research and Teaching staff across the Faculty to support the teaching and research requirements
- support the creation, development, testing and implementation of educational resources for use by staff and students online and in classrooms that are aligned to the needs of the work area
- support innovation in the provision of e-Learning online learning sites and student learning experiences by providing practical solutions and delivering tools and resources
- work in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff to develop innovative online multimedia resources
- support adoption of innovations in e-Learning online learning, identifying and implementing new technologies, and developing education designs to improve learning outcomes that enhance the student learning experience
- providing advice, training and support to staff to make the best use of educational technology to deliver engaging and effective courses.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Education Design Support Officer who possesses the below experience:
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- Experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment. (Desirable) Experience working in a tertiary environment with working knowledge of using Learning Management Systems such as Canvas, together with sound understanding of timetabling/rostering of student activities.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1964/0919C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 2 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.