Full/Associate/Assistant Professor in Agroecosystems Biology
- Full Time
The Center for Desert Agriculture (CDA) at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) is accepting applications for several faculty positions (open-rank) in the broad area of agroecosystems biology (AgEB). The central premise of AgEB is to treat agriculture as an integrated biological system (more than as individual parts), empowered by big data –omics, phenomics, computational biology, and multifaceted expertise — including diverse researchers who integrate and employ fundamental knowledge of plants, microbiomes, soils, ecology, evolution, and ecosystem resilience to innovate sustainable practices in a rapidly changing environment. To this end, we are seeking talented, creative and collaborative colleagues that will employ AgEB approaches to tackle fundamental and applied questions aimed at the development of sustainable cropping systems under extreme environments. All areas of plant and microbial biology will be considered. (e.g. physiology, biochemistry, genetics, plant breeding, evolution, ecology, ecosystem sciences, soil science, informatics and modeling)
- PhD with 2-3 years of Postdoctoral training.
Demonstrated commitment to research and teaching is desired. Dependent upon experience, candidates should provide evidence of strong scholarly potential and the interest and capacity to make novel and impactful discoveries in a collaborative setting.
Please upload the following documents:
- Cover letter Curriculum Vitae which includes full publication list
- Research Statement (4 pages maximum)
- Teaching Statement (2 pages maximum, including teaching philosophy an outline of 1-2 graduate course(s) to be taught
- Diversity Statement (2 pages maximum, describing commitment and strategies to promote diversity and inclusion in a research and teaching environment)
- a list of contact information for at least 4 academic referees
KAUST (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en), located on the shores of the Red Sea in Thuwal (80km north of Jeddah) in Saudi Arabia, is an international graduate-level research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through bold and collaborative research and to addressing challenges of regional and global significance. For more information about KAUST, please visit http://www.kaust.edu.sa. More information about the Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (BESE) is available at http://bese.kaust.edu.sa/.
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 15th, 2020 and positions will be open until filled.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia