Marketing Sales and Student Recruit Officer, Postgraduate
- Full time continuing role based in our state-of-the-art City Campus
- $77,999.00 + up to 17% superannuation
The Marketing Sales and Student Recruitment Officer (Postgraduate) is responsible for building strong relationships on behalf of the University in order to achieve its strategic goal of recruiting high quality students throughout Australia. In this position you will represent La Trobe University, providing high quality student recruitment services including study consultations to prospective students, on-boarding and deploying retention initiatives.
The role is required to deliver and represent the University at key postgraduate recruitment events and expos. The position manages the day to day marketing and sales activities related to student recruitment predominantly at the City Campus.
What you will be doing
- Build and manage relevant relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide specialist postgraduate information to prospective students.
- Prepare and deliver allocated postgraduate marketing student recruitment events and projects to achieve the University’s postgraduate recruitment targets.
- Prepare, deploy and contribute to the development of allocated postgraduate retention campaigns and initiatives to achieve postgraduate recruitment targets.
- Ensure professional and quality service standards are maintained and applied to all postgraduate course enquiries to the University, enthusiastically servicing enquiries to a premium standard, being informative and taking ownership of problems.
- Provide general administrative support to the Postgraduate Student Recruitment Team.
- Involvement in key postgraduate sales meetings including planning.
You have proven experience in customer service and sales, with an ability to quickly understand and communicate complex information. You are a customer service champion that thrives off working in a hardworking, results driven team. You are resilient and have the ability to balance multiple competing priorities without compromising on quality.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably education, business or marketing with at least 5 years subsequent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sales, business development, customer experience wrok or education recruitment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, including effective public speaking, and the ability to develop and frequently deliver presentations to a range of audiences including senior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with senior academic staff, business leaders and blue chip organisations.
- Established ability to self-manage as well as work as part of and contribute to a team.
- A current Victorian driver’s license.
- Willingness to undertake frequent manual tasks including loading and unloading boxes of publications, banners and other promotional materials.
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours, including evening work and overnight travel.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of current higher education environment.
- Knowledge of Australian and in particular, Victorian education providers and systems.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- Up to 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the Key Selection Criteria, an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.