Assistant Professor in Education
5 days left
- Full Time
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in Education
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The Faculty of Education in City University of Macau offers both Master and PhD programs in Education (Chinese – Mandarin) with the specializations: Tertiary Education Administration, Lifelong Learning, Education Technology, Education Foundation, Teacher Education, Curriculum and Instruction. Currently we have over 200 postgraduate students in our campus. We are looking for energetic, passionate, experienced education scholars to join our academic team to develop high quality educational professionals to serve Macau SAR and the region beyond.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the Faculty development, including teaching, research, community service and other assigned work. Successful candidates will be responsible in the duties including: (i) developing and teaching courses in our dynamic graduate programs; (ii) supervision and coordination of student’s thesis and dissertations; and (iii) engaging actively in research and academic activities. (iv). involving in community services.
The suitable candidates may be appointed as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor according to the qualifications.
- Candidates should possess a PhD degree and strong potential in teaching, research and community service, and other relevant fields.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of teaching courses in Education fields in higher education institutions at Master and PhD levels.
- Professional expertise in one or more of the following areas: Higher Educational Management, Innovative Education Technology, Education Foundation, Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Education, and relevant fields.
- Proven records of successfully developing research projects.
- Evidence of strong publication potentials in the expertise areas.
- Priority considerations will be given to those already having a strong publication record.
- Evidence of good university-level teaching performance.
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Faculty and University.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. Currently, the highest marginal personal tax rate in Macao is 12%. But the effective tax rate is around 5% to 7% after various discretionary exemptions. In addition, University provides both medical benefits and accumulation funds for full time staffs with different appointment ranks.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link http://www.cityuhr.edu.mo/Job/Login or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before January 24, 2020.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in Aug 2020.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**