Associate Professor in Data Science / Computer Science / Mathematics
5 days left
- Full Time
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Associate Professor in Data Science / Computer Science / Mathematics
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
To participate in the University’s research and teaching activities, specifically in data science and closely related areas, as follows:
- To undertake internationally leading research within the field of data science, with a preference in any of the following areas: machine learning for large or complex data sets, data processing and integration from heterogeneous sources (text, images, signals, video, social, bio, economical, etc.), data visualization for large or complex data sets, data streams processing, data storage and management.
- Carrying out original research, individually or collaboratively, leading to the dissemination/publication of results in high quality internationally peer-reviewed academic journals and conferences.
- Identifying and securing funding for new research contracts and grants.
- Contributing to the multi-disciplinary research activities within the University and through the Data Science Institute
- Maximizing impact from research through business partnerships and public engagement activities.
- Supervising and mentoring research students.
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the University by:
- Teaching, examining and undertaking administrative duties on undergraduate and postgraduate program.
- Carrying out curriculum development in the form of design and/or revision of courses offered by the University and its international partner institutions.
- Supervising project dissertations undertaken by undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Undertaking personal development in teaching skills and practice.
- Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related area;
- Demonstrated evidence of fundable research in the field of Data Science with scholarly work commensurate with level of academic experience;
- Demonstrated ability to teach Data Science;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations;
- Preference will be given to candidates who can contribute to and strengthen interdisciplinary programs in data science, big data, artificial intelligence, information studies, etc;
- Proficiency in developing new courses and innovative curricular programs in Data Science and;
- Increasing the diversity of the faculty and scholarship in the department; provide a role model for students of diversity and;
- Improving recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students and strengthening learning and research outcomes will be an advantage.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. Currently, the highest marginal personal tax rate in Macao is 12%. But the effective tax rate is around 5% to 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link http://www.cityuhr.edu.mo/Job/Login or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before January 24, 2020.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in Aug 2020.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**