Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor (Nursing Program)
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor (Nursing Program)
Position Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor (Nursing Program)
Company Vin University
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and ranked university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching; and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity Project has resulted from the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health sciences education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the QS 5-star rating standards and will include the following schools within the University: a School of Business, Hospitality, and Real Estate; a School of Engineering and Technology; a School of General Education; a forthcoming School of Health Services and Public Health; a School of Nursing; and a School of Medicine. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
On November 14, 2018, VinUni started construction on the 23 hectare area, located within the mega-urban complex of VinCity Ocean Park (Gia Lam, Hanoi). VinUni’s architecture emphasizes the harmony of neo-classic façade with modern and high-tech interior design. Professors and students will find themselves equipped with modern lecture halls and classrooms designed for most advanced teaching and learning methods.
With a strong commitment from Vingroup, Vinmec and VinUni project in particular has been fortunate to receive generous financial investment. VinUni wants to be a national leader in health sciences education quality in Vietnam with regard to MD, Residency and Nursing programs. VinUni aims for its graduates to have the foundations to become quality care providers and leaders in developing a health care system equal to any other. VinUni plan to develop competency-based education program in collaboration with a world top-20 medical school, customized for the Vietnam health care context. The program should have solid quality assurance standards and framework for international accreditations. International benchmarking such as United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) step 1 and 2 for MD graduates, step 3 for Residency graduates are expected to be incorporated into medical curriculum. VinUni will apply the latest medical education technology and approaches, such as Team-based Learning with e-learning and IT support, simulation-based programs, plus early exposure to clinical clerkship programs at Vinmec hospitals.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is “to create a better life for the Vietnamese people.” In 2016, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing) and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018).
Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, society, and nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21 century and beyond for Vietnam.
Vin University is developing a competency-based nursing education program that is aligned with the standards of a number of leading Universities in USA and customized for the Vietnam health care context. The program has embedded quality assurance standards and framework as evidence to be considered for international accreditation. Learning outcomes for nursing will be measured through a series of NCLEX designed examinations at the end of each year. The purpose is that when nursing students graduate they can be considered by the USA accreditation/licensing system. VinUni will apply the latest evidence based teaching and learning methods, including Problem and Team-based Learning; E-learning platforms, simulation-based education with supervised clinical places in the Vinmec system.
This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and education program at VinUni (Health Sciences) in 2020. These positions are full-time faculty appointments with a competitive start-up package.
Reports to: Bachelor of Nursing (BN) Program Director
- Supports the development, implementation and review of a competency based nursing curriculum.
- Works with Program Director and nursing team to design, deliver and review student centered and competency based teaching, monitoring, and evaluation of students
- Ensuring timely management and response to correspondence from students, administrators, and other department officials.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Supervises and supports students.
- Participates in research activities and engage in continuous professional development activities.
- Supports the adherence of the BN program to national and international professional/educational accreditation standards.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in nursing and health sciences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Director. Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master degree in Nursing or above from prestigious universities
- Minimum 5 years teaching position in a nursing institute that conducts nursing education at Bachelor level or above
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, e.g. IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0 for residents from non-English speaking countries.
- Experience in health profession education pedagogy as well as clinical teaching (experience in TBL, and high-fidelity simulation are preferred)
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
- Research publications in peer reviewed journals
- Verbal communication skills in Vietnamese
English is the language of teaching and communication at Vin University. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
All foreign employees must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid visa and work permit in Vietnam. These requirements are mandated by the Government and may be over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change.
Vin University accepts zero tolerance to non-adherence of the immigration laws of Vietnam.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant qualifications to email@example.com.
To see other open positions and get more information, please visit:
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide an accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, ID, driver’s license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for the employee’s children. There is a child education allowance if the children study at Vinschools.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living, and expatriates can live a very comfortable life in Vietnam with a moderate expenditure.