Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Bioinformatics
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
- Expected to lead metagenomic and statistical analyses of data sets derived from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Initiation/implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analysis software
- Tracking project data and reporting analysis results
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience with C++ and programming using UNIX/LINUX clusters.
- Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics
- Experience with large genomic data sets (Next-generation sequence, genotyping, or expression data), data mining, and data analysis
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (Perl, Python, ..etc)
More than 2 years’ experience with NexGen data and metagenomic analyses. Experience in scientific programming with applications to biological research, professional software development experience
Special Instructions to Applicant
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Family Medicine - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 30000-35000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience
More searches like this
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates