Procurement Operation Officer
- Full time, Continuing
- HEO6 $77,999 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Officer - Procurement Operations, the Procurement Operation Officer’s primary purpose is to conduct tactical and operational procurement activities, including driving compliance of Procurement policies and supporting the day-to-day procurement activities.
You will support the delivery of procurement strategy through executing the daily, end-to-end functions of the Procurement Operation processes, whilst applying your theoretical and technical knowledge to perform daily tasks and be responsible for meeting periodic reporting and reconciliation requirements, and ensuring compliance to policy. You will also be accountable for coordinating and delivering audit requests and reporting and analysing data to support the resolution of issues.
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- A relevant business degree with subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned or be able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge and experience in purchase requisitioning and vendor master data maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Proven ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Proven analytical, problem solving capability and high level of attention to detail.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competency with procurement enterprise systems (e.g. ERP systems, e-Procurement tools, SAP).
- Competency with productivity tools (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 31st of January 2020
Position Enquiries: Paul Davies, TEL: (03) 9479 1137; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Short listed applicants will be required to undertake further online testing.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Dana Vidovic on +61 (03) 9479 6418
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.