The Nahrein Network: New Ancient History Research for Education in Iraq and its Neighbours
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a leading modern University in the Kurdistan Region – Iraq and we are at an exciting stage in our development. We are seeking an inspirational staff member to join our team and to contribute to the success and growth of the School. In particular, we would welcome interested candidates who can contribute as a Project Administrator.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a strong team of committed people in the enhancement of the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
The Nahrein Network: New Ancient History Research for Education in Iraq and its Neighbours aims to significantly develop the capacity of Middle Eastern universities, museums, archives and cultural heritage sites to foster cultural and economic growth in the region. It is funded by the United Kingdom Arts and Humanities Research Council as per approved budget. The core Network team is split over three sites: The Principal Investigator Professor Eleanor Robson, a Postdoctoral Research Associate and a part-time Administrator at University College London; Dr Anwar Anaid Co-Investigator and is the Director of CCHH Centre, Postdoctoral Research Associate a new Research Centre and a part-time Administrator at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (Erbil); and Co-Investigator Dr. Paul Collins at the Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE: One
SCHOOL: Social Sciences
JOB FAMILY: Administration
TYPE OF CONTRACT: PTE
HOURS OF WORK: 3 days a week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: Director of CCHH Centre
APPOINTMENT DURATION: The post is funded until September 2021 in the first instance (pending approval of the required budget)
PROBATION PERIOD: First 6 months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
SALARY: $1,120.00 a month
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work proactively under the direction of the line manager. His/her responsibilities will include, though will not necessarily be confined to:
- Running the Research Centre office, providing administrative support to the Director and facilitating co-ordination of the Network and its partners.
- Maintaining the Research Centre’s correspondence and documentation in good order.
- Managing the Research Centre’s budget.
- Liaising as needed with the Network Administrator in London.
- Acting as first point of contact for queries from, and communications with, the Research Centre’s funders, participants and partners, the media, and the public.
- Managing logistical set-up of the Network’s events in Kurdistan and Iraq (typically three a year), including tasks such as arranging catering, booking flights and accommodation for participants, circulating calls for papers, finalising programmes, and advertising events.
- Publicising the Network’s events, Visiting Scholarships scheme and Research Grants scheme to potential participants, and responding to queries about them.
- Assisting in the compilation and distribution of the Network’s Annual Report.
- Practical assistance in the development of further funding bids.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The Project Administrator should have:
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Kurdish and Arabic languages.
- BA degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: Project Administrator and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- For further question you can contact Dr Anwar Anaid (email@example.com) the Director of CCHH Centre.