Administrative Officer, Office of Research
6 days left
- Full Time
To undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks within the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center. Also, to help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
- Aids in the Planning, Development and Coordination of all programs and materials at the Center
- Provides a range of basic administrative support for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center including in the implementation and marketing of programs
- Acts as liaison between the Office and other University offices and external institutions
- Supports in communicating and maintaining a positive relationship with internal and external Stakeholders in addressing inquiries and concerns.
- Exercises independent judgment in bringing information, researching and resolving problems for the Center.
- Organizes, schedules meetings (booking,informing attendees about details) and prepares the required agenda in order to prepare accurate meeting minutes and distribute them to the attendees.
- Processes payments and reimbursements for the Center’s programs while adhering to internal guidelines to maintain appropriate records.
- Acts as an office coordinator for programming;maintains student files; responds to student inquiries; maintains database on students.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations and reports, agendas, background materials and minutes.
- Works directly with Entrepreneurs for material support and coordination of activities when possible
- Follows up and evaluates programing before,during and after execution
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director
Degree of Independence/Complexity of Environment
- Integrity, confidentiality and discretion are an absolute must.
- Very high degree of independence,responsibility and judgment.
- Able to manage a diverse portfolio and workload, delivering service with a sense of urgency to meet time-frames and deliverables.
- Acts as an ambassador and role model representing the Center with professionalism at the highest levels.
- Able to manage a highly ambiguous, constantly changing environment with a diverse network of key stakeholders and policy makers.
- Must be able to deal with simultaneously occurring deadlines which may compete for time.
Working Relationships/Impact of Interactions
- Facilitates action and decision-making,ensuring high quality outcomes.
- Effectively represents the interests of ZU management.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship/Marketing ora related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Ability to work and communicate with all management levels
- Entrepreneurship or Program Management Experience preferred
- Customer Focused - The ability to discover the needs of internal and external customers and strive to deliver services and products to meet these needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Results Orientation - The ability to set and accomplish challenging goals, maintain focus, intensity and optimism in achieving results that are consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Resource Management - The ability to leverage organizational resources effectively and works towards standards of excellence in achieving organizational goals and strategies.
- Accountability - The ability to actively accept the responsibility for the job obligations, own decisions and actions.
- Teamwork / Networking - The ability to effectively work with and support others as part of a team, both within and across functions, and building and maintaining positive relationships at all levels with cultural sensitivity, showing respect & effectively working with diversity.
- Effective Communication & Influencing - The ability to listen, speak, explain, persuade and influence others by expressing thoughts and views concisely, effectively and appropriately in a range of different settings to hold their attention and achieve desired impact.
Statements in this document are intended to reflect, in general, therole and responsibilities of the position and are not to be interpretedas totally inclusive.