Assistant Professor of Statistics
1 day left
- Full Time
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. The University has experienced rapid growth, and currently has over 560 faculty and staff serving approximately 9500 undergraduate and 1000 graduate students on its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Zayed University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life, and to contribute to building a knowledge-based economy and society. The University expects its graduates to be proficient in English, Arabic, the use of computing technology, and quantitative and research skills. English is the primary language of instruction and administration.
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US.
The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe, family-friendly, multi-national environment.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Zayed University, which is part of the College of Natural and Health Sciences, consists of highly qualified and enthusiastic faculty who promote intellectual growth in students with a wide variety of interests and educational goals. The department supports the Critical Thinking & Quantitative Reasoning Zayed University Learning Outcome in courses and supports curricula across the scope of the University. Courses challenge students to develop and apply reasoning skills and inquisitive habits of the mind that will assist them in a lifetime of learning.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is seeking, for its Dubai campus, Assistant Professors of Statistics who will be teaching statistics and contribute to the department development. The successful candidates will demonstrate excellence in student-centered teaching; Zayed University is committed to student success and seeks faculty who are committed to ensuring it. Faculty members with a Doctorate teach twelve credit hours per week; they are expected to keep a good record of engagement with their field through research, conferences, and publications. They are also expected to be part of the curricular revision, and active participants of the Department, College and University community.
- A Ph.D. in Statistics from an accredited Western university.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and the ability to adopt to diverse cultures is an asset.
- Evidence of outstanding teaching skills, and the ability to teach students for whom English is a second language.
- Experience of working on multi-section courses and the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications and/or presentations.
- Commitment to a sustained research program and interest in collaboration with other Faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom
- Readiness to provide service to the Department, College and the University.
The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, please attach a cover letter, a current CV, transcripts and certificates, names and contact details of three professional references, teaching philosophy, statement of research interests, and teaching evaluations.