Manager, Support Services, Multimedia
1 day left
- Full Time
The Manager Support Services – Multimedia is responsible for providing the day-to-day management of the audio/video team to insure quality and timely installation and support of digital Multimedia (audio/video) systems within UAEU.
The position will be overall responsible for the management of multimedia technical services, including events, audio-visual equipment, and relevant facility operations. Assists with reservation of the A/V facilities of UAEU campuses and works with members of the campus community in the presentation of cultural and public events.
Manage the administration and delivery of multimedia services at all UAEU campuses which include general meeting and A/V support, video conferencing, telepresence, web conferencing, web casting, A/V production and post production. Coordinate the development and documentation of policies, procedures, training and end-user guides for all Multimedia Services functions. Consult and collaborate with academic staff, technical staff and external users so that a high level of A/V support is provided to users at all times. Supervise daily operations of the Multimedia Services department to ensure staffing/resource scheduling is adequate for planned events and problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner. In collaboration with the community relation department, work on the delivery of large and high profile external and internal events where A/V equipment and support is needed. Serve as a focal point to resolve technical problems that impact system performance, responsiveness and efficiency. Monitor projects for the purpose of ensuring work meets requested specifications, quality standards, and quantity requirements. Responsible for the updates, maintenance and installation of A/V equipment within all UAEU sites, including all A/V communication equipment such as: control systems, codecs, touch panels, cameras, display systems, mixers, microphones, digital sound processors, assisted hearing devices, large venue projectors, multi-projection rooms, matrix switchers, recording equipment, etc. Escalates problems to the management that may cause missed SLAs. Prepare written materials (e.g. reports, budgets, estimates, memos, forms, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written support and/or conveying information. Provide advice, training and guidance to staff and students, as well as to external users in the effective use and operation of the facilities. Research multimedia trends for the purpose of setting goals to meet future district needs. Research specifications for the most appropriate and up-to-date equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and efficiently completing projects in accordance with UAEU standards and objectives. Serve as the liaison between UAEU staff and/or vendors in regard to UAEU A/V solutions for the purpose of resolving issues, making recommendations and/or purchasing new hardware/software. Manage a team involved in the maintenance of a central inventory of all audiovisual equipment. Maintain professional awareness of international trends in audiovisual services and in relevant new technology developments. Supervis assigned personnel for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting department and UAEU’s legal requirements and objectives. Provide service updates and reports to senior management as required. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communications, Multimedia or computer related field with: o at least five years of progressive relevant experience. o at least three to five years of supervisory experience. o or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment will be preferred.
- Experience of management of a support team and the processes associated with it will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including report writing.
- Expert in designing, installing, configuring, integrating, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting multimedia systems/collaboration technologies. (Video conferencing, web casting, web conferencing, presentation hardware and software). Advanced knowledge of A/V principles and practices, multimedia systems integration, multimedia hardware and software troubleshooting techniques, services in large presentation settings and interactive smart classrooms.
- Extensive experience with laptop and desktop computers, including Windows and Macintosh operating systems and their multimedia components including video and audio cards, speakers and microphones and multimedia client software.
- Working knowledge of all audio-visual fields: sound, lights, projection, technological devices, etc.
- Ability to recruit and train staff.
- Ability to work with departments that may use the A/V staff to assist with their events, and working knowledge of accounting and a strong understanding of marketing techniques.
- Ability to exemplify and promote Extreme Customer Service to clients and co-workers.
- Innovative thinking with both a strategic and a tactical orientation, strong planning skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create multimedia designs in liaison with animators, programmers, writers, video producers, sound engineers and artists.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Thorough understanding of the implications of supporting a mission‐critical environment on a 24/7 basis.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department IT Support Service Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Management
Salary 11000 to 23000 AED