Research Administrator, Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences
The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (SE3) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges.
The Department of Energy Resources trains future leaders in the science and engineering of Earth's energy resources. We combine theory, experiments, and computation to understand and influence the global energy resources landscape. We are committed to leading the way to provide the people, methods, and tools for sustainable management of the Earth's energy resources. We are seeking a full time Research Administrator to join our finance team.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented. The successful candidate will have a good sense of humor and the ability to interact well with our current administrative team, faculty and students in a culturally diverse environment.
Your Responsibilities will include*
The person in this role will be responsible for managing and overseeing the financial activities of a subset of the ERE faculty and industrial affiliate programs. Responsibilities include proposal preparation/submission and post-award administration of federal and non-federal grants, contracts and gifts; budget preparation; transaction approval; account reconciliation, analysis and reporting; and administering industrial affiliate contracts and invoices.
* - The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of job related experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to complete Cardinal Curriculum I and II within first year in role.
- Knowledge of procurement needs, including sole-sourcing, cost analyses, vendor requirements, and small business reporting.
- Knowledge of property management requirements related to Stanford or non-Stanford title of equipment and fabrications.
- Competency in project management.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently, but also to seek or offer assistance when needed.
- Ability to review a proposal or manage a project with understanding of the overall scope and goal of each sponsored project.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Our Preferred Qualifications are:
- Knowledge of Stanford University financial systems and policies
Certifications and Licenses:
- Cardinal Curriculum I and II must be completed to remain in this position.
- Certified Accountant or Auditor or similar credential desired.
Why Stanford is for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position, and a résumé along with your online application.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4482
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 85614