Qualifications Technical Adviser (Tax)
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Qualifications Technical Adviser (Tax) on a full-time, permanent basis. This position sits within the ACCA Qualifications department and can be based in either our London or Glasgow offices.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Leading the quality assurance and standard setting of the technical content of the ACCA tax examinations for the UK and globally
- Reviewing and utilising psychometric analysis of exam question performance to ensure robust and fair results and exam validity
- Being a technical source of expertise for ACCA in both tax and education to ensure the ACCA qualification remains at the forefront of the profession
- Developing new syllabi content, showing continual awareness of changes influencing the profession and tax
- Recruiting and managing suitable examining team members, who are all qualified tax professionals
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a professional accountancy qualification, or equivalent, obtained mainly with good first time passes and has post qualifying tax experience AND/OR has a Chartered Tax Adviser qualification and tax experience
- Has a strong academic background, including good class of degree
- Has experience of working in an educational environment with a clear understanding of levels at which each exam is set. With training, the ability to balance multiple exams across a session with CBE provision to ensure that all are at the same standard
- Has an excellent technical understanding of the relevant syllabus subjects
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts including those working at partner level in accounting practice or professors in academia
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension and life assurance
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, cycle to work scheme and much, much more
- Flexible working and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.