Information Services Developer, Desktop Engineer
Salary: From £28,331 per annum
This post is permanent full time at 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 13 January 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 29 January 2020
Starting salary from £28,331 depending on skills and experience.
‘I love working here and every day is a different challenge.’ Amanda Marlor, Service Desk Manager
Are you looking for an innovative and dynamic working environment with an award winning range of staff benefits and an inspiring development programme? Here at The University of Lincoln, we offer our collaborative and customer focused community of staff simply a life changing opportunity.
The University of Lincoln ICT Services Department is seeking a pro-active and motivated individual to join its Information Services Team. For the Information Services Developer role, you should have an in-depth knowledge of managing desktop environments using tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory and Group Policy, as well as having experience packaging and deploying applications using industry recognised technologies such as Microsoft App-V or equivalent.
You should also have experience of problem management; diagnosis and resolution of issues with applications and peripherals, can review and accept releases, upgrades and fixes that available for systems and can identify those which merit action. In consultation with users. You should also be able to provide expert technical knowledge in the configuration and installation of software, other system components and equipment for the systems testing of platform specific versions of software products. You will have experience of preparing software implementation procedures with fall back contingency and testing plans.
You will have 3rd line experience of support in an ICT environment, and a good working knowledge of the latest ICT technologies is essential. You are also expected to have experience in the following areas and be able to work under your own initiative, in order to provide both pro-active and reactive customer service:
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Active Directory and user account management
- Group Policy
- Windows operating system development, maintenance and support
- Application packaging via App-V/SCCM or equivalent technologies
- Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Software site licence configuration and maintenance
- Proven record of delivering results within a given timescale
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Problem management
- Logical and ‘outside the box’ approach to troubleshooting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Windows server operating systems
- Windows update
- Server and client antivirus
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Supplier Management
- High level understanding of networking and general infrastructure
- Mac OS management e.g. JAMF and Mac application packaging
- Change management
The Information Services Developer roles do not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2.