Assist/Deputy Director-Office of Rankings, Benchmarking and Institutional Transformation (ORBIT)
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 5000 students and 1000 faculty and staff members representing more than 30 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts, Journalism, Art & Architecture and Banking & Finance.
JGU is the youngest university in the world ranked by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in Top 800 in the World and in Top 150 in the World (under 50 years of age).
JGU is recognized by the University Grants Commission as “Institution of Eminence”.
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curriculum, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.
The Office of Ranking, Benchmarking and Institutional Transformation primarily focusses on building strategies to improve the ranking of O.P. Jindal Global Universities across multiple ranking boards. The key areas of focus are QS, THE and NIRF, however we also work on identifying and participating in other domestic and global rankings. This includes subject matter rankings, as well as rankings focusing on other aspects of the institutional quality such as Swachhata.
Our key goals are-
- Having accomplished a top 800 ranking in the QS WUR, and also being among the top 150 youngest universities in QS and top 75 in India, we now intend to maintain and improve our position
- Broaden our scope by identifying other ranking platforms we can succeed in
- Participate in Education Awards such as QS Reimagine, THE Asia
- Identify areas of development by benchmarking our processes to best practices of the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
The key responsibility of this role is to use a data driven approach to make key decisions in improving our rankings, which would include the following
- Compare ranking scores of our university versus other universities based on individual parameters to identify areas of improvement
- Predictive data analysis, to forecast our potential in different ranking boards. Accordingly build strategy and make recommendations on which rankings to participate in.
- Review research data of the university school wise/ individual wise/ subject wise to develop strategies to improve research productivity
- Perform a cost benefit analysis of the various analytics tools available in the market, or from ranking agencies
- Collaborate with multiple departments to capture the data required across multiple ranking boars. Identify ways of capturing data in an efficient manner for it to be available as and when required by senior management. Identify technologies to capture such data to improve data integrity and accuracy.
- Liaise with ranking agencies such as QS/ THE
- Analysis of different ranking platforms to find areas of overlap and points of differentiation to better understand the differences in our positioning across the ranking platforms
- Master’s degree, preferably in Management or Data Sciences
- 5-7 years experience in data collection and analysis
- Efficient use of MS Excel
Interested candidates can e-mail their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Assist/Deputy Director-Office of Rankings, Benchmarking and Institutional Transformation (ORBIT)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly