Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Science
- Special focus on microbiology and immunology disciplines
- Contribute to the development of human biology/pathophysiology courses
- Full-time, continuing role in North Sydney (total rem. between $118K to $161K)
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Behavioural and Health Sciences
- School of Allied Health
The Faculty’s courses are developed within the Catholic intellectual tradition with the goal of preparing graduates in health with an emphasis on social justice, equity and sustainability.
More specifically the role entails:
- Development and delivery of lecture, tutorial and laboratory material in the discipline of Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Specific focus in microbiology, immunology, human biology and pathophysiology
- Implement strategies to foster a dynamic service-oriented and enterprising culture within the School
- Involvement with professional activities within and outside the university.
You will need:
- PHD in relevant field
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and deliver microbiology, immunology, and human biology and/or pathophysiology curriculum
- Demonstrated evidence of high-quality tertiary teaching
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,785 - $140,101 per annum, including salary component $100,375 - $118,510 per annum (for Lecturer, Academic Classification Level B), OR $148,590 - $161,325 total remuneration per annum, including salary component $125,766 - $136,650 per annum (for Senior Lecturer, Academic Classification Level C) plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Dr Jennifer Taylor, Deputy Head of School of Behavioural and Health Sciences NSW/ACT on 02 9739 2874 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 8 January 2020 at 11:55pm (AEST)
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged