Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: December 30th, 2019 (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The main functions of Finance Assistant are directed to provide the necessary assistance to the personnel of Finance Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Streamline the record keeping for the transactions made through the Central Administration office (CAO) and Campuses and preparing accurate and timely financial report on a monthly basis.
- Effectively check, verify and ensure compliance with the financial policies and procedures for all payments related to operations and make final recommendations for payment processing while ensuring adherence to the UCA authority matrix.
- Assist in coordination the periodic review of the financial policies and compile quarterly summary of issues to be address either through orientation, reinforcement and / or modifications in the policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring proper compliance, effective maintenance of Bank accounts, cash in hand and the petty cash at CAO/Campuses and in reconciliation of the same.
- Assist in compilation of UCA financial reports on periodic basis and in preparing monthly and periodic budget variance reports and other financial reports including travel, sectional report, advances and payables, etc.
- Coordinate with the external and other relevant auditors for various audit assignments for the relevant functions.
- Undertake any other assignment given by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree or any diploma in the field of Finance and Accounting from a reputed organization.
- 1-3 years of professional working experience in a similar position in an international working environment.
- International qualification such as CAP/CIPA will be an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Russian languages.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30th, 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Finance Assistant”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) are encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.