Senior Manager, SMU International Office
- Full Time
- Senior Management
- Bachelor Degree
Closing On 01 Jan 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Grow, develop and implement IO’s semester exchange and short-term study programmes, working with students, partner universities and SMU schools and offices.
- Develop and manage relations with partner universities.
- Collate, analyse and prepare reports and recommendations on student mobility programmes
- Conduct surveys, analyse findings and prepare reports on students’ study abroad or study at SMU experiences, and learning outcomes.
- Work in teams to improve and enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operational/work processes
- Plan and execute SMU’s Study Abroad Fair and other student outreach and programme publicity initiatives.
- Work closely with SMU’s Safety & Emergency Preparedness Unit to ensure full compliance with study abroad safety protocols.
- Bachelor Degree or Post-graduate qualifications in international relations, international marketing or fields of study with a global-orientation.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in international education or working on cross-cultural exchanges, and with diverse teams.
- Enjoys developing and running student programmes and working with students
- Good people skills with experience in leading and motivating teams.
- Able to manage multiple and competing tasks and deadlines, to deliver high quality work.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is good with numbers.
- Good communicator – both written and verbal.
- Overall, high intelligence, emotional and cultural quotients.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.