Lecturer in Factory Planning
FULL-TIME LECTURER IN FACTORY PLANNING, ORGANIZATION & SUSTAINABLE MANUFACTURING
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with the goal of becoming the leading research university in Vietnam and the region. VGU´s strategy is to customize excellent German study programs in the fields of engineering, natural sciences and economics to meet the needs of Vietnamese higher education. VGU follows the successful German model and standards concerning the academic and administrative structures.
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking 01 highly qualified full-time lecturer in Factory planning, organization and sustainable manufacturing. Candidates must hold a PhD in this field or a closely related field and have a strong background in research. Successful candidate will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach graduate courses in the program Global Production Engineering & Management (GPEM) and undergraduate courses in the program Mechanical Engineering (ME). The expected workload for the in-class lecture conduction is 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes).
Teaching should reflect current research methods and results, and comprises lectures on the following modules:
- Planning concepts and methods: for factory design, production programs, material requirements, production processes, lot sizes, dates and capacities, sequencing, order release, order control.
- Factory organization: potentials for economization resulting from the interactions between product, operating material and organization of facilities and their peripherals as well as the consistent implementation of innovative technology and forms of organization.
- Sustainable Manufacturing: creation of processes that minimize negative environmental impacts while conserving energy and natural resources and enhance well-being and prosperity of local and global communities.
- Technical Logistics for undergraduates in ME: basic model (graph, system process, condition model, control loop), models for material flow (process (flow) description, behavioral models), logistical (flow) objects (information, goods), creation of logistic compatible goods (handling and packaging of goods, loading units, labelling), transportation and handling (basic methods, transportation chains), transportation of goods (carrier and process organization), collection and distribution (waste- and distribution logistics, postal, courier, express and package services), storage (basic methods, processes in distribution warehouses), kitting (basic methods), logistics in producing organizations.
Named courses are subject to change upon realistic needs of the programs. Each course requires conducting relevant laboratory activities and/or advising student projects. Lecturers are welcome to propose elective courses within his/her expertise and in in consultation with the Faculty and the relevant German partner university, here: the Technical University of Berlin.
This position is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s and master’s theses and mentoring PhD students.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU through innovative. This includes and is not limited to comprehensive activities in theoretical research as well as applied research in the fields of global sustainable value nets, production systems, digital factory, resource efficiency and effectiveness, material and product cycles, leadership and qualification. The ability to apply and generate externally funded research projects is highly desirable.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Factory Planning and/or Sustainable Manufacturing or a closely related field, preferably from a well-known international university. Experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology are highly appreciated. Other requirements include:
- An outstanding academic record with a focus on Factory Planning, Organization and Sustainable Manufacturing or other areas closely related to it
- Strong track record of successful research activities and publications in international and peer-reviewed journals in the related area
- Proven teaching experience with strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Relevant industry experience
- Proven excellent English proficiency
To find out more about our employment benefits, as well as our application requirements and process, please visit our web page for recruitment: https://vgu.edu.vn/lecturers.