- Contribute to student experience
- Fixed-term position until December 2020
- Senior Educator Level 1 - $98,735 plus super, based at RMITs City Campus
RMIT University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community.
The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts.
Why RMIT? Our Culture
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
For further information about RMIT culture & benefits please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
Details about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
This role is responsible for the facilitation of all clinical placements for students enrolled in the Diploma of Nursing program delivered at the City and the Bundoora campuses. You will be required to liaise with the clinical placement facilitators and ensure that all the clinical requirements of the program are met, and high quality vocational education and training is delivered to students. You will be supported in this role by an existing 0.6 fraction Registered Nurse and a team of four administrative support staff.
You will source clinical placements for students, maintain and develop relationships with providers and find new business via networking with industry. You will be available to problem solve and resolve any queries or issues and ensure that you are available to support both our students and our placement providers. You will also be responsible for assisting with the assessment of our students and ensuring that this data is certified and cascaded through to the teaching staff.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to create and act on short and long-term plans relating to timelines for clinical placements.
- Ability to build and manage long term relationships with a variety of stakeholders and to be able to seek further placement opportunities through development of new opportunities.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the tasks and activities involved in establishing clinical placements for students.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team.
To view a position description, please visit RMIT Careers and search for job no. 584455 or for further information please contact the Program Manager Nursing Vocational Education - Jaye Keating on +61399254845.
Applications close Sunday 22 December at 11:00 pm.
Applicants must have a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse along with a Bachelor of Nursing
Applicants are requested to provide a current CV, a letter outlining their suitability to the role, and evidence (transcript) of TAE qualifications.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check and a Police check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.