Grant Administrator, School of Information Systems
- Full Time
- Bachelor Degree
Closing On 29 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Guide contract staff in the grant administration team.
- Assist SIS Director in supporting the faculty PIs (Principal Investigator) in grant usage and reporting.
- Provide HR, Finance, event organization, and outreach support to the faculty Pls.
- Manage & setup a selected category of new research labs/centres lead by SIS faculty members Assist SIS faculty Leads/Directors in training of administration staffs for the new research labs/centres.
- Provide admin support to SIS faculty members pertaining to Ministry of Education (MOE) related research grants.
- Administration of all related research grants budget, such as hiring/ procurements/ expenditures/ billings.
- Process related change requests to project funder.
- Render events support (e.g. workshops/conference), where required.
- Generate relevant project information to support research grants reporting.
- Prepare & collate data that is necessary to conduct external audits.
- Ensure all procedures and practices consistent with SMU and funders' policies and in compliance with local statutory requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates with relevant research administration experience will be considered favorably.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong follow-through skills.
- Decisive, work well under pressure & meticulous.
- Excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with SAP reports will be positively considered
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.