Executive, Office of Research and Tech Transfer
Closing On 29 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Handle office administrative matters: performing goods receipts, ensuring sufficient stock of stationery, printer toners and paper, organizing team bonding sessions, managing the office budget for welfare and training, maintaining the generic ORTT (Office of Research & Tech Transfer) email account.
- Arrange and support ORTT related meetings, including tasks: liaising with SMU departments or external attendees to obtain meeting timeslots, securing meeting venues, setting up of meeting venues, downloading / printing / filing of meeting materials.
- Perform secretary duties: managing the director’s calendaring, providing covering support to Vice Provost (Research)’s Personal Assistant (PA) when the PA is not available, performing secretariat duties for ORTT meetings with Vice Provost (Research).
- Support ORTT related events, including tasks: managing event registrations, coordinating & liaising with vendors, lunch / dinner arrangements, securing & setting up of event venue, liaising with IT department for provision of AV support, purchase of gifts for speakers, supporting actual day matters.
- Support ORTT related outreach matters, including tasks such as: updating ORTT web pages with content provided by other ORTT staff, final proofreading & emailing ORTT electronic newsletters, monitoring ORTT social media sites, managing ORTT related posters, coordinating with schools and departments on the ORTT annual research areas mapping exercise.
- Perform duties as the Assistant Data Protection Officer (DPO) representative for ORTT: maintaining the ORTT Do Not Call registry, ensuring outreach mailing lists comply with Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) requirements.
- Any other administrative matters and tasks as and when necessary.
- At least a Diploma with at least 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Independent, pro-active, and resourceful with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good coordination skills with the ability to liaise with other departments or external parties and resolve issues such as scheduling conflicts
- Experience in the following would be advantageous: SAP systems, maintaining websites, photo editing or design / layout software such as Photoshop
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.