Stem cells are one of the fundamental underpinnings of tissue biology. They allow myriad tissues to be replenished by fresh cells throughout life. To preserve the regenerative capacity of the tissue, it is essential to maintain the number of stem cells. One mechanism that balances both tasks is asymmetric cell division (ACD). In ACD, each stem cell divides to generate one daughter with a stem-cell fate (self-renewal) and one daughter that differentiates.
Two Research Technician positions are available in Dr Habib’s laboratory to study the effect of localised Wnt signals on asymmetric stem cell division and tissue regeneration. This project requires someone with experience in stem cell research. Experience in tissue culture and florescence imaging is essential. Experience of growing embryonic stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells in culture would be an advantage, but is not essential. For one of the positions experience in working with mice as an animal model would be an advantage. The candidates should hold a BSc or equivalent. MSc degree is desirable. The technician will also be responsible for the maintenance of the tissue culture and the lab including placing orders for the lab. The experimental work will be carried out in King’s College London at Guy’s campus.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 12 months.
The selection process will include a panel interview and an assessment.
To apply, please register with the King’s College London application portal and complete your application online.
In addition to your application, please submit your CV (maximum three sides of A4) and a covering letter. In your covering letter (maximum one side of A4), please summarize your previous research experience(s) and explain why you are interested in our lab.
More searches like this
- $40,001 - $60,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Related jobs in London (Central)
- $40,001 - $60,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Support jobs in London (Central)
- $40,001 - $60,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Other Research Related jobs in London (Central)
- $40,001 - $60,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Professional Services jobs in London (Central)
- $40,001 - $60,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Other Professional Services jobs in London (Central)