Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Large Animal Medicine
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess:
A DVM/BVSc or equivalent; and A PhD in Farm Animal Medicine or Board Certification with an MSc. in Farm Animal Medicine
Candidates must also possess:
- At least five (5) years specialist experience in Large Animal Practice and competence in General Farm Animal Practice
- A minimum of five (5) years University level teaching experience and post graduate research
- A high level of clinical competence
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- An acceptable level of research as evidenced by recent publications in peer reviewed journals
- Special expertise in Farm Animal Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disease, Neurology
- Supervising Farm Animal hospital and ambulatory cases
- Teaching Farm Animal Internal Medicine
- Contributing significantly to curriculum development and continuing professional development activities
- Contributing to administrative matters Guiding and supervising group research
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential.
Candidates must also be able to:
Work well in a Clinical Team Teach across disciplines at the School of Veterinary Medicine
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu.
Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu/ in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section.
Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.