Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
Faculty: Medical Sciences Clinical Veterinary Sciences
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess:
A DVM/BVSc or equivalent; and A PhD in Veterinary Medicine or Dip ACVR/Dip ECVDI with an MVSc in Veterinary Medicine
Candidates must also possess:
- A minimum of ten (10) years university level teaching experience and postgraduate research, with an acceptable level of research and creative output
- At least ten (10) years specialist experience in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- A strong background in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
Candidates with the following will have an advantage:
- Further training in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, including Endoscopy and Ultrasonography
- An acceptable level of research as evidenced by recent publications in peer reviewed journals
The following would be assets:
- Board eligibility
- Specialist expertise in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Coordinating and delivering courses on Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging for the DVM programme
- Performing Diagnostic Imaging techniques on patients (companion, farm, equine and exotic animals) admitted to a veterinary teaching hospital
- Contributing significantly to the development of interdisciplinary Clinical Courses for the DVM programme and facilitating interdisciplinary research among related disciplines
- Delivering lectures on Small Animal Internal Medicine for the DVM programme
- Contributing to administrative matters
- Supervising Small Animal Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, Endoscopy and Ultrasound cases
- Lecturing Undergraduate Students in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (all Species)
- Contributing significantly to curriculum development Guiding and supervising group research
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential.
Candidates must also:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Have a high level of clinical competence
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu.
Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated.
Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.