Research Fellow, Office of Core Curriculum
Closing On 26 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conduct research fieldwork and analysis relevant towards urban heat island and outdoor thermal comfort mitigation as per the Cooling Singapore initiative (https://www.coolingsingapore.sg/)
- Analyse climate and social science data pertaining to individual perception and sensation of environmental and climate variables
- Assist in writing of project grants and research publication of data
- Ph.D. in physical geography or sustainable sciences with demonstrated relevant expertise in quantitative methods (e.g. data analysis and climate modelling) and/or qualitative methods (e.g. field surveys, focus group discussions).
- Knowledge/Proficiency in programming, spatial science and statistical software is required (e.g. R, ArcGIS, Matlab)
- Demonstrated experience in urban climate fieldwork is expected
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members