Professor of Management
Application closing date 02/01/2020
Salary Salary will be determined in accordance with the Professorial ranges as applied within the University.
Job category/type Academic
Queen's University Belfast is a driver of innovation and talent based on excellence. Throughout the University, our academics are collaborating across disciplines and with outside agencies and institutions on projects of world significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK's most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression. We are ranked 1st in the UK for knowledge transfer partnerships, (Innovate UK) 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and affordable cities in the UK. The choice of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards are some of the best available, and lovers of the outdoors can enjoy any number of activities from rowing and kayaking to top class golf among many others. We are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
Queen's Management School, which enjoys an international reputation as a top UK management school and a first-class research institute for all business and management disciplines, is seeking to strengthen further its academic reputation by appointing committed academics to provide research leadership in line with the School's research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and to contribute to the School's administration/external engagement activity.
The School is seeking to appoint a Professor of Management. The position is open to all sub-disciplines of Business and Management, but with a preference for the fields of International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD in Management (any specialisation) or related discipline.
- Sustained publication record of international excellence in field of specialisation.
- Record of securing external research funding.
- Recognized excellence and reputation in subject specialism.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver a programme of research and develop techniques, sources of funding and/or proven skills in coaching and developing others in best practice techniques.
- Experience of teaching and assessment in Management at University level.
- Evidence of ability to teach and assess courses in Management at University level.
- Substantial experience of providing academic leadership in Management at a strategic level.