Research Engineer, School of Information Systems
Closing On 25 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Lead research on developing new forms of energy-efficient sensing, based on techniques such as energy harvesting and RF power transfer
- Created novel algorithms and technologies for multi-modal sensing and on-device data analytics that harnesses wearables and infrastructure (IoT) sensors
- Supervise research engineers and guide PhD students in academic research and prototype development
- Produce high-quality research publications with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Minimum Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or relevant disciplines
- Proven track record in embedded system design (e.g., with FPGAs) and applications for embedded sensing platforms.
- Project-level experience with wireless energy harvesting technologies and platforms, as well as wearable devices
- High-quality publications in academic venues related to pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- Coding experience with programmable embedded and experimental platforms, such USRP, WARP and Raspberry PI
- Graduate level knowledge of wireless networking, signal processing and wireless sensor networks