Accounts Executive, Accounts Receivables Billing, Office of Finance
Closing On 22 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Perform Revenue Billing and AR function and ensure the proper recording of financial accounts, compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
- Ensure invoices are issued within stipulated timeline.
- Ensure queries from students or other stakeholders (via Finance mailboxes, SRIMs or over Finance Counter etc) are responded to promptly.
- To assist in reviewing and updating of relevant processes, AOM or CAP and other adhoc duties assigned from time to time.
- Managing and maintaining the Customer Master Records in system.
- Processing and submission of Financial Aid applications to the respective agencies and updating of status in ISIS, ensuring timely disbursement in Student's account.
- Managing customer enquires including students, parents, corporate and Government agencies.
- Ensure customers' enquiries are attended to in a professional manner.
- Ensure to follow through customers (internal and external) enquires via emails or phone calls and ensure proper closure at all times.
- Support the timely closing of financial books.
- Accurate postings in SAP.
- Accrual and pro-ration of corporate revenue is complete (in accordance to the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards) and prompt.
- Address all internal and external auditor's enquiries and findings.
- Ensure audit schedules are prepared timely manner.
- Follow up on auditor's enquiries promptly to ensure smooth completion of the audit.
- Document/refine the routing processes with objective to automate and fine-tune to improve efficiency and effectiveness of corporate billings.
- Ensure complete filing of documents and correspondences.
- In addition to any system enhancements, review and document the corporate billing process as part of the Accounting Operational Manual (AOM).
- Diploma in Accountancy, Business or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Recent graduates in related discipline or graduates with audit experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP Financial & Controlling and Peoplesoft will be advantageous.
- A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadline.
- Results and service oriented individual who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.