Administrative Officer, Strategy and Future Department
The Strategy and future Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director, Strategy and Future. Works with the Director, Strategy and Future to ensure smooth daily operations and coordinates a variety of operational activities. Ensures that the administrative functions are performed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provides administrative support to the Director, Strategy and Future department including filing, sourcing, and retrieving documents; maintains appointment schedules, prepares routine correspondence and otherwise relieving Director of minor business and administrative detail.
- Deals effectively and efficiently with queries, ensuring confidentiality, while offering the best possible client care to ZU employees and clients.
- Answers queries and calls from internal and external clients in a professional, cheerful and courteous manner.
- Presents a good image of the Department/University to visitors and clients in person and on the phone.
- Maintains and conveys accurate and updated Information to internal and external callers.
- Carries out administrative and administrative duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.
- Creates spreadsheets to maintain and track data and records.
- Coordinates and arranges tasks as required by the Executive Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
- Organizes and schedules meetings. Produces and distributes meeting agenda and minutes.
- Orders stationery or stock required by the office.
- Welcomes visitors when they arrive for appointments and liaise with other staff members on behalf of the center.
- Resolves routine, day-to-day administrative issues.
- Schedules and track department vacations.
- Actively supports coordinating department related activities on campus.
- Performs any other tasks as required by the Executive Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a complex academic environment, or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience, Prior knowledge and experience with the university is important.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English is preferred.
- Able to communicate and coordinate well.
- Ideally familiar with both UAE and Western models of education.
- Highly computer literate, especially familiar with database use in database environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.